Getting to Hotham
Self Drive, Transfers and Flying to the Victorian Alps
Getting To Hotham
It's a wonderful trip by car, as Hotham is located at the highest point of the Great Alpine Road - a classic Australian motoring route. There is sealed road access from both sides of the mountain, ample overnight parking and unloading zones close to your accommodation. A Resort Entry Fee is applied to vehicles and passengers of coaches and taxis entering the resort during the declared snow season.
- Take the Hume Highway to Wangaratta and then the Great Alpine Road via Bright and Harrietville, travel time is about 4.5 hours.
- Or take the Princes Highway to Bairnsdale and the Great Alpine Road via Omeo and Dinner Plain, travel time is about 5.5 hours.
- Coaches depart daily from Melbourne's Spencer Street Coach Terminal and Tullamarine Airport and travel via the Hume Highway to Myrtleford, Bright and Harrietville.
- Take the Hume Highway to Albury-Wodonga and follow the snow signs to Yackandandah then turn off to Myrtleford.
- At Myrtleford turn on to the Great Alpine Road to Bright, then Harrietville and Mount Hotham.
- Take the Newell Highway from Queensland to Tocumwal and Cobram, then onto Wangaratta and the Great Alpine Road.
- Overnight luxury air-conditioned coaches, complete with video entertainment, depart from Adelaide twice weekly direct for Hotham.
Bookings: 1800 766 997
General enquiries: 61 (0)2 6451 2099
Snowy Mountains Holidays
Shop 4b, Town Centre, Kosciuszko Road
Jindabyne, NSW 2627, Australia
All prices and packages are subject to availability and subject to change without notice at the discretion of the property owner. See our Terms & Conditions for more information on booking